First things first. I`m staying in barrio central. I`m going to be the ol man in the zone, but that's cool. I really like this area, but I`m going to have to buy some rain boots. The streets fill up with water and I`m tired of walking around with wet feet 10 hours a day.
This week was a bit rough, but all is well. I´m pretty good at not getting discouraged. I just love to work. My companion is staying here too, so we´ll have a bit more time to strengthen the ward.
Thanks for all your emails. It's always lovely to open up the inbox and see your names. I love you all.
Andee - I`m glad to hear that you survived the long board trip. I`m sure Roy will hurt himself before too long ha. Holy cow! 17.5 credits! That´s nuts. I hope it goes well for you. Pretty cool that you got to help a Danish lady in the temple. I´ve become obsessed with languages. They interest me so much. I totally want to learn German, but the length of those words scares me haha. MULAN!! ha. You know I love me a good Disney movie. :) Have a great first week at school and catch the spirit!
Roy - I hope the GRE went well. I prayed for you. That schedule seems pretty bomb. (I feel like that would be a cool thing to say in 1990). Hopefully one of those math classes is taught by Dr Grant, or the one whose name escapes me. haha. I love the BYU math faculty. DAUD! Dr. Daud is his name. haha. I think I`d go for tennis, but it's a bit of a Roth family tradition to take bowling ha. Have a good week. Love you bro.
Mom - Rise and shout the cougars are in your backyard. ha. That's pretty sweet, if you get lucky maybe you`ll see a showdown between a bobcat and a gator. The creation is an interesting subject. In Preach My Gospel there is a very short section on the creation. I´ve always brushed over it in our teaching. But the other day I decided to study it a bit more fully. After my analysis I didn´t really learn anything... ha. Sorry I don´t have any grand thoughts on that. I hope Institute is going well. I love you mom!
1. Do they celebrate Labor Day in Mexico?
- No. Yes. Kinda. May 1st is their labor day. But they just get a bunch of people to stand in the middle of the street and complain that they don´t make enough money. It's not the best holiday.
2. What is the result of transfers? Staying or Moving?
- Staying. As a matter of fact our entire district is staying.
3. Do you want to know what happened to the Cougars in Virginia?
4. I did not see the game, but they ended up on the wrong side of a 38-35 score.
- That's not a question. Who is the quarterback this year?
5. How are your clothes holding out at the 1 year mark?
- haha. They don´t look too bad, but they´re pretty bad. My white shirts are becoming yellow. I started with 2 grey slacks, 1 pair of navy slacks, and 2 black slacks. I now have 2 grey slacks and 3 navy slacks. And my brown shoes have been garbage candidates for the last 8 months, but I keep wearing them haha.
6. Can you hold a conversation in Spanish on most any subject, or do you know mostly Church/Missionary stuff only?
- I´m a lot more capable if we are talking about church stuff but I´m not completely incompetent in other subjects. In the MTC a guy talked to us that served his mission in Taiwan. The NFL network asked him to announce the Superbowl in Mandarin, and he realized that he only had a missionary vocabulary. So he testified that Tom Brady threw true passes. haha. Thats pretty much how I feel about my Spanish.
7. Tell us what you did last Thursday.
- Thursday is always my least favorite day because we have weekly planning. It's boring and somewhat discouraging because all you do for 2 or 3 hours is think about what's wrong with your area. Then we go out to work. This last Thursday was pretty rough. I think we only taught 2 lessons. We were walking around all day. But that's how it goes sometimes.
Well the time is far spent. I hope you have great weeks.