Friday, October 4, 2013

Week 58

Hello Rents,

This email is heading out a bit early today because in the afternoon I´m heading up to Tuxtla Gutiérrez for a meeting.  Things are going pretty well...kinda.  It's kinda rough being in a ward without a Bishop.  When I get home I´ll be able to explain the details to you, but for now just know that its a serious challenge in this ward. 

I don't have a ton to report, things are pretty much the same as always. Yesterday something really funny happened.  We reactivated a member that lives on our street, and he´s a bit crazy.  About once a week he comes to ask for money despite the fact that we have told him a thousand times to talk to the bishopric if he has financial needs.  Well, yesterday he came.  He invited himself in and started looking through the house.  He found some dumbells that we had and proceeded to show off his strength while we tried to study. Then he started punching the wall and dancing.  I have a video of it all on my camera.  It was soo funny.  He was probably there for 20 minutes lifting weights, punching the wall and dancing.  My companion and I could hardly contain ourselves. ha

Dad - you´re the only one that emailed me on time.  ha.  I´m glad to hear your vacation went well.  You gotta watch out for those Packers from Brigham City, they´ll get you.  To answer your questions:
1.  Are you using your camera much?  Many pictures taken for posterity?
I use my camera very little.  I know I should be a better historian, but I don´t really like it.  Plus we aren´t supposed to use them while we proselyte and since that's pretty much all that we do, there aren´t too many opportunities. 
2.  Where will you be able to view conference?  Will you be able to view most sessions?
We´ll be seeing conference in our stake center.  We can go to any session as long as we bring investigators, the only free one is Sunday Morning. Obviously we´re hoping to see every session, we´ll see how it goes. 
3.  Tell us of a memorable meal you experienced this past week.
The only meal I remember for this week was yesterday´s.  It wasn´t too extraordinary rice in chicken broth.  I don´t know what she gave us to drink but it was super nasty. 
4.  Tell us of a choice experience you had this past week.
One of the highlights of the week was a lesson with Gabriela.  She is a new investigator. On our second visit we asked her how she felt when she prayed. She said she felt something that she had never felt before, and knew that what we taught was true.  The spirit filled the room, and I thanked Heavenly Father for his hand in his work.  I´ve come to realize that anyone who with sincerity seeks, finds.  It was one of the more memorable lessons from my mission. 

Mom- I love you.  ha I just got your email.  I hope the former Elder Wilcox is doing well.  Say hi to him for me.  I wish him luck in his pursuits.  My former companion, Elder Salgado, and I discovered a curious phenomenon -  President Cardenas served in this mission, and his wife is from Chiapas.
hmm. Coincidence...I think not.  I´m sure bishop Maughan is doing a great job.  I was going to send him a postcard but it got soaked and ruined haha. True story.  Anyway tell him I think of him everyday while I iron my shirt and see if he realizes why. ha.  Well time is just about up . I love you!

Elder Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment