Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 90 - On the Road Again!

Hey,

Long time no see. I really enjoyed talking to you yesterday. I imagine not too much has changed since then. Welp, guess what! I´m leaving Ocozocoautla. I'll be heading back to the coast - this time to Arriaga. I´m really excited and I just love the heat :) ha. No, but seriously I´m excited. I´ll give you the down low next week. 

Well I really don´t have that much to write this week. And I have to leave at about 2 o'clock to catch my bus to Arriaga so I´m a bit rushed. But anyway. 

Mom - I hope you had a wonderful Mother´s Day. You are the best! I love you so much! You´re darn right that God is for you. (In response to Psalm 56:9 "When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back; this I know: For God is for me)  One day in the MTC I was feeling a bit down. I was sitting on a bench, contemplating the magnificently beautiful Y mountain, and thinking a bit about what laid before me. As I sat there the words to Be Still My Soul came to mind. Be still my soul, the Lord in on thy side. Later that night in a devotional we sang Lord, I Would Follow Thee. I really came to know (I mean really KNOW) that the Lord is on my side and I made the determination to follow Him - wherever He leads me. He has certainly been good to me so far :)

Dad - The new 550 is brilliant. I love it. I hope you have a great week at work and that soon you won't have to work so much!

1.  What did it feel like talking to two people in English today?
      - It was cool. It's been a long time since I have had a normal conversation in English. It's a bummer the sound quality wasn´t better but it's good to know that I sound like an American again.

2.  How has your understanding of the working of The Holy Ghost expanded lately?
     - Good question. One little insight. Dallin H. Oaks gave a talk in which he asked a question similar to this: How can we have the companionship of the Holy Ghost to guide our lives and keep us on the path? His answer was: Sabbath Day observance. But I like the question. If you seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost you will not fall off the path - sure, you may sin, perhaps even commit a more grievous sin. But if you are constantly seeking his presence you will repent, you will partake of the sacrament, you will pray and study and learn. You will not fall. 

3.  Did you enjoy eating the brains on Sunday?  What else was on the menu?
     I did not. They were bitter... Some cow grisel soup and fried chicken. It was a bit out there haha.

4.  What are the roads like?  It looks like a multi lane highway was built for Ocozoco to TXG. Is it nice?
     The worst thing in the world. It is not. haha. Riding the bus to Tuxtla is a painful experience.

5.  What percent of the day are you in air conditioned comfort?
     - Today probably about 15% with the bus ride to Arriaga. On Sundays we get 3 hours. Other than that; zero, zilch, nada, nothing. haha.

Coping With the Heat

6.  What is you favorite drink, other than H2O?
     - milk. I cant get enough of it. haha. I pretty much hate any 
kind of flavored water, though. So Much Sugar. It makes me sick. haha.

I love you guys!
Elder Roth

A Rabbit Got in the House!

No comments:

Post a Comment